Friday, March 8, 2013

CHERRY BLOSSOMS/ A SPRING PROJECT


Before the week comes to an end, I wanted to share a project that I just did recently.

I am working on the rest of my Spring decor now and, once again, I am changing the look of decor items I already had.
I normally don't decorate with pink, but I thought this year I try something different. 


  
It is not quite finished yet, since I still want to add some ribbon or embellishment to the vases. 
This is a very easy project, but very time consuming. 
As long as you have about three hours of free time to cut, cut, cut, you are good to go. :)

I did start with spray painting the vases I used for Christmas on my mantle. Remember those?
I used "Heirloom white" because I already had it on hand.



 I also used the same branches only I painted them in a darker bronze color.

I had a bunch of tissue paper from Dollar Tree and I just used the two different shades of pink.


 Now, to make the flowers, I made myself a little template with cardboard paper because I am not very good at cutting. :) 
As you can see, even the template is not perfect, but it didn't matter, it still worked out just fine.


 I cut several small pieces of tissue paper, used my little template to cut the shape of the flower, placed the two different colors together, pinch and twist the ends, add a little drop of hot glue and start attaching to your branches.





 And this is what the finished product looks like.
I made two of them which I hope to be able to incorporate with my Spring decor 
once I finish adding a little pretty to the vases.


 What do you think?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
We are expecting rain, which we need badly, so I think this weekend is going to be used to finish some indoor projects.

Thank you for stopping by!


Sharing with:





11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! How adorable are these sweet pink paper blossoms! I think it will be just lovely for spring in your home, and I just might have to try out this craft for myself!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, what a unique idea. I love spring colors and pink is hot! I can hardly wait to see where these pretty cherry blossoms appear in your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really turned out pretty. I thought they were real flowers in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh- I must be going blind in my old age. As soon as I looked at the first picture I thought they were REAL...that is how good they look~~~ Marvelous job- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maria Elena, your cherry blossoms are adorable! Great tutorial on how you made them too...I'm pinning! Enjoy your weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I also thought they were real when I first saw them!! Bless your patience in cutting them!! Fabulous!

    ~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw your first photo, I thought that was a real branch of blossoms! It wasn't until I scrolled down to the rest of the post that I realized it was tissue paper. What a beautiful project, Maria Elena. More than worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Laurel, I thought it was a real plant in the first photo! That looks amazing, Maria Elena! Easy, but time consuming -- I seem to take on a lot of projects like that!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, they look so real. Thanks for joining TTT and the tutorial. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks a lot more awesome then you would think tissue paper could. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...