Thursday, September 4, 2014

GREAT FINDS & A HOMEMADE FRAME


Hello, friends!
I don't know what is going on with me, but I feel like in the last few weeks I have not been able to catch up and finish all the projects that I have started.
Maybe is the fact that I have several of them going on at one time. LOL

On the other hand, it has been busy around here with our son starting a new semester of school at a new University.
If you have grown children, you know exactly what I mean.
And I thought it was difficult when they were little. Ha! :)

And in the middle of everything, we had to change cable providers. We had the same company for 15 years, but lately they just don't seem to get it together and we have been loosing our internet and phone connection almost daily. 
Not acceptable! 

Getting hooked up with a new provider was the way to go, what we did not expect was that the change was going to take having a technician in our home for seven hours.
Yes, you read right. He showed up at 11:30 AM and left at 6:45 in the evening. Still don't understand it! :)
The good new is we have now better service, faster internet and a working phone line.

I have had enough of all this chaos, so the other day, I disappeared for a few hours and went shopping.
It was sooo nice. LOL I spent a long while at Hobby Lobby, Target and made a last stop at Ross. 
I wasn't looking for anything specific, but ended up coming out of the store with a cart full. :)
Did you all know Ross has a clearance aisle? I didn't.
But this is what I found on clearance.





Isn't it pretty? It is quite large (18 inches tall) and I paid $10.00 for it. 

I also found a new set of drapes that I just couldn't leave behind. This find save me a lot of work since I was getting ready to buy some fabric and make new ones for our family room. If you remember, I changed everything a few months ago to give the room a more of a Summer look.




Well, now the mint green color of the drapes will not go very well with the Fall decor.
All my problems went away when I found these pretty linen drapes and 96" long which is what I need.


And at this price, I just had to buy them.
I couldn't even make them myself cheaper if I tried. 



 Watching a show on television a few weeks ago, I saw a commercial about this product. 
I was wondering it it worked as nicely as they said.
I love, love baked potatoes, but I am the only one in our household that likes them and because of that, 
I never make them. I really don't want to turn the oven on for over an hour to bake one potato. 
So when I found it at Ross, I thought, why not?



Well, it turned out to be a very nice little gadget.
Have to tell you though, my potato took six minutes to cook, but who is counting? :) 
A little butter, sour cream, chives and bacon bits and I had a nice little lunch. 
It was delicious! :)




 I also bought at Ross some new bed pillows and a few pretty towels for the guest bathroom.



 Talking about the guest bathroom, I still can not figure out how such a small space is taking me 
so long to put together. I am getting old! :)

I have been working on it slowly, but with so many interruptions, I don't know when I will finish it.
The other day, during a rare and quite couple of hours, I remade an old frame I had in my "treasure" closet 
(that is what my husband calls it) LOL


 I sprayed painted the frame silver, put in a new frame mat and added a little trim around the picture itself 
to make it a little prettier.




And that's all I got!
 I guess I better get off this computer and start my day.
Lots of little things I got to do today.
I hope to get my Fall decor out sometime today and start planning on what I will do this year. 
It has been hard to do so since our weather is still so very hot.
We also have new neighbors across the street from us and I don't want them to think they are living next to 
the "crazy lady", but that didn't stop me before, right? :)

I hope you all have a great day.
Until next time!







5 comments:

  1. You found some super treasures at Ross. Love the new drapes and the mosaic urn is fabulous too. For a little info, you can scrub, prick and wrap a potato in wax paper and bake it in the micro for 5 o 6 minutes and it is fabulous every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! That vase is gorgeous...and such a great price! You have been quite busy; and I can't wait to see all of your pretty fall decor! You always do such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, Maria Elena! It's so neat to see all the great buys you got on your shopping trip! I'll have to look for the baked potato gadget because I love them too! Your frame turned out so nice. I love the extra touch of trim you added. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great finds on your day out. I love days like that especially when they end with some fun stuff and maybe a Diet Coke on the road.

    Your house is just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've had a lot going on, Maria Elena! I'm surprised you've had time to do projects. It sounds like you had a wonderful shopping day. This was such a short week and I already have errands to do tomorrow, but I think next week I am going to visit a few stores and see what's what. Nice find on the drapes. You're right and when I see something like them I have to ask myself if I could make them for less.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...