Thursday, April 23, 2015

DIY GLASS BOTTLE CRATE


Hello, everyone!
Hope your week is going well.

I have been working on several home projects at the same time ( I don't know why I do that ) and I am now 
seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the crafts I finished this week was this bottle crate I have been wanting for a long time.
Since my oldest son is home now, I put him to work in  between bottle feedings and diaper changes. :)




We made a simple rectangular box using a $1.19 fence post. The box measures 28" x 6".
Once it was finished, I sanded it a bit and painted it in a dark brown color.


When it was dry, I gave it a thin coat in a light cream color.
I do this so when it dries, some of the dark color will show through.



The box looked good, but too simple, so I had to figure out how to decorate it a little.
While it was drying, I cut some letters with the Silhouette Cameo.



With the letters in place, I gave the box another coat of paint (this time in a very light grey color) 
When it was almost dry, I pulled the letters off and gave the box another light sanding. 
This is the final result.



During the big sale they had at Michaels, I bought some glass bottles on sale at $0.50 cents each.
I knew they would be perfect for the crate.
I also wrapped some twine around them to dress them up a little.


 And used them to display the pretty flowers I bought that day at 60% off. I only paid $2.00 for a bunch.


 It was a very simple and economical project.
I was able to build it and decorate it for under $7.00.




 I will show you how I used it as part of my Spring decor on my next post.
I thank you all so much for your visit.
Until next time!




Sharing with:



15 comments:

  1. LOVE BUTTON PLEASE! Be still my heart! I love this project. Pinning it now. Happy Thursday Maria. Hugs and Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lettering on the box and how you made it very faint, making it look old. Looks great!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria...I simply love this! I never would have known how to go through the process you did in painting and stenciling the box. Wonderful. I love the bottles, I've seen these. You've inspired me once again!

    I know it must be very lively around your house right now. Sending a hug!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Maria! This is just so sweet and lovely! The box itself looks terrific and the bottles with flowers even make it sweeter! You're so talented.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it looks so vintage with the lettering and twine wrapped bottles. So simple and so pretty. Thank you for sharing with Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that cute box, and the bottles wrapped in twine is a great idea too. Very pretty. I just may have to try this, I like it so well. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the box you made and the way you painted and created the lettering was great. I appreciate your tutorial on your process. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your pretty bottles!!!! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Looks so good. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7, we can’t wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena, love how this turned out! The added words are darling. I have an old box I painted white and use now and then, but been thinking I need to do a little something to dress it up. The bottles are the perfect addition! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for being featured over at the "Show Your Style" blog party. Very cute box! Thanks for sharing how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Just found your blog from Northern Nesting's blog link up. I love this project it is so adorable! You have a lovely blog, looking forward to seeing what else you create :-) Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Also your newest follower :-) Have a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...